Ronald D. Walker, DDS
Dr. Ronald Walker began his schooling career at Brigham Young University (BYU) in Provo, Utah. In 1964, he spent two years on an LDS mission in Central America; upon his return home, Dr. Walker returned to BYU. In 1967, he attended Memphis State University for two years, after which he completed one year at the University of Cajal Zaragoza in Spain. Following his education abroad, Dr. Walker received his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree in 1973 from the University of Tennessee College of Dentistry. Since completing his dental degree, Dr. Walker continues his education annually to ensure that he stays up-to-date on the latest dental technology and techniques, and to provide better care for his patients.
In addition to practicing dentistry in the Oro Valley, Arizona, area for 40 years, Dr. Walker was the Chief of Dentistry in St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital from 1973-1977. Dr. Walker has also been the recipient of several awards and honors during his schooling and career, including being nominated as a Representative for the University of Tennessee at the National Conference of Dental Research in 1972, and the Outstanding Senior Student Award from the American Academy of Oral Pathologists in 1973. Dr. Walker has also had several of his articles published in respected journals and books.
- Diggs, L.W. and Walker, R.D., “Technical Points in the Detection of Sickle Cell Hemoglobin by the Tube Test,” American Journal of Medical Technology, 37:33 -36, 1971.
- Walker, R.D. and Schenk, K., “Infarct of the Mandible in Sickle Cell Anemia: Report of Case,” Journal of the American Dental Association, 87:661-664, 1973.
- Diggs, L.W. and Walker, R.D., “A Solubility Test for Sickle Cell Hemoglobin,” Laboratory Medicine, 4:27-31, 1973.
- Walker, R.D., “Direct Effect of Radiation on the Solubility of Human Teeth,” Journal of Dental Research, July, August 1975.
- Walker, R.D., Turner, J., Murphy, S., “Incidence of Oral Manifestation in Histiocytosis X.,” American Academy of Oral Pathology, March 1975.
- Braham, R. and Walker, R.D., “Neoplasias,” Chapter 10 in Dentistry for the Handicapped Patient,V. Mosby & Co., St. Louis, 1976, pp. 151-164.
- Walker, R.D. and Coburn, T., “Craniofacial Growth Patterns in Long-Term Survivors of Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia,” International Association of Clinical Oncology, Toronto, Canada, 1977.
Meet Our Team
Our caring team of dental professionals work hard to help you feel comfortable and relaxed while at our office. We love what we do, and our goal is to help you achieve the healthy, beautiful smile of your dreams. Please call us at 520-297-2511 to learn more about dental care in Oro Valley, Arizona, and schedule your personalized consultation with Dr. Ronald D. Walker. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Check back soon to meet our friendly team!