Are you prepared for a tooth extraction if you need one? It’s a good idea to always plan before and after a medical procedure to ensure you will be able to have the optimum success rate and recovery period. With tooth extractions, it is imperative to prepare your mouth for the procedure and care for it after the surgery has been given.
Focus your oral health care on tooth extractions. Save your smile with tooth extraction recovery and these important facts:
– Your body has a fantastic ability to heal itself, but don’t waste its precious resources elsewhere, so make sure to allow yourself time for rest. If possible, eliminate all types of strenuous labor and exercise.
– Listen to the instructions laid out by your dentist and follow them to the letter.
– If any issues should arise during your recovery, contact your dentist as soon as you can.
– Swelling is expected in your face and mouth, so use ice packs to minimize inflammation.
– Take any medications exactly as given by your dentist. If any pain keeps up, never increase the dosage, but rather you should contact your dentist.
– Oftentimes the anesthesia will make eating or drinking dangerous. To eliminate the risk of choking, do not eat anything before the anesthesia wears off.
If you are interested in treatment for tooth extractions, we are here to assist you. For a complete diagnosis and treatment, please contact Dr. Ronald D. Walker, DDS to book an appointment with Dr. Ronald D. Walker and our team at our dentist office in Oro Valley, Arizona. Call us at 520-297-2511 . We look forward to seeing you smile bright this season!